Did you know that a spiral staircase, located anywhere in a house, can lead to differing opinions amongst family members?
Feng Shui Consultant, “The Floor Plan
Detective”, Founder Feng Shui Storyboard
I have seen it often, and I have seen the ensuing conflict lead to a violent act that ended in a serious injury. With the staircase in the middle of the house, indicating that hostility could become routine, there was a never-ending outpouring of resentment, irritation, and disgust—a deadly combination of emotions that led to a tragedy.
Even if the drama does not lead to violence, the unrelenting anger can alter neurological and hormonal processes, which in turn can disturb the immune system, producing chronic inflammation. Researchers at Ohio State University took notice, and found that even a half-hour marital spat can add a day or more to the healing process of a wound. Science also tells us that if anger is prolonged, one is likely to be plagued with a myriad of health issues, like blood pressure irregularities, sleep disorders, and lung damage. What I have seen most often with the stairway in the center is heart trouble.
It can all begin with the complications suggested by a spiral staircase. Please take note when renting or buying. If you already have issues with anger or illness, walk away from this difficult design detail. If it already exists, there is help.
First, fix the stairway.
- If you feel adventuresome, wrap the railing with greenery (as you would wrap it at Christmas time).
- For a more subtle adjustment, hang a crystal ball from the ceiling in the center of the landing at the top.
- For an even more beautiful fix, install a crystal light fixture at the top. It will light your way and lift your spirit.
Then, consider the following alternatives to an angry outburst.
- Play an instrument often.
- Write in your diary (for hours if necessary). In the words of my teacher, “The chi will be vented as the chi hits the paper.”
- Sing, especially if you are about to harshly scold someone.
- Before you express violence with your words, swallow your saliva 9 times. The words may soften, and even disappear.
- If you feel you are ready to lash out and hit someone, get professional help right away. Then, please let me know. There is more transcendental help available. The violence can stop.
In addition, wear black and green to enhance both wisdom and benevolence.
About Katherine Metz
Katherine Metz is a Feng Shui Practitioner, Teacher, Mentor, Bau-biologist and a Founding Director of the Feng Shui Guild. Blending other aspects of her background—a degree in Medical Sociology from the University of Michigan and design experience from owning an interior landscape business—with the Hawaiian and Chinese arts of healing and place, Katherine created The Art of Placement, where she went on to become a highly regarded practitioner, teacher, and lecturer. She has made a lasting mark in reaching out to the public and in her most recent endeavor serving as mentor to a select group of affiliates from around the world.
She has appeared on television and radio across the country. Her name appears in many Feng Shui books as authors acknowledge their teachers, and her writings continue to be used by students and practitioners around the world. In 1998 Katherine was keynote speaker for the 2nd Annual International Feng Shui Conference. She teaches and lectures, upon request, on the art and science of creating a healthy home and workplace.
Founded in 2015, AYRIAL is a technology-driven “body, mind & spirit” lifestyle association and platform with its office based in Atlanta, GA. AYRIAL allows users who seek exceptional psychic, intuitive consultants, feng shui consultants, astrologers, life coaches to easily connect with them and to keep them engaged with exclusive content. AYRIAL.com and AYRIAL smarptphone app.