National Spaghetti Day is January 4th! With delicious spaghettis made from chickpeas, lentils, black beans, edamame and more, Explore Cuisine offers an easy way for everyone to celebrate this foodie holiday while still sticking to those healthy New Year’s resolutions!
In addition to inspiring, life enhancing articles, AYRIAL has a passion to share healthy along with a little indulgent delicious recipes – who doesn’t love great food and conversation!
Enjoy our latest recipe provided by Explore Cusine; gluten-free, non-GMO! How cool is this? Well, I had the pleasure of tasting a couple of their spaghetti products, black bean, red lentil, chick pea and edamame. Simply cooked al dente, I tossed with diced tomatoes, seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, lemon zest and olive oil. Viola! The pastas were delicious! My two favorites are chick pea and red lentil. If you are wondering if the bean based spaghetti gets mushy when cooked – nope. A perfect bite al dente! Explore Cusine spaghetti products as a healthy alternative to traditional pasta and an ideal way to get the little ones eating more veggies!
No more guilt! You will love the fact that Explore Cuisine products are vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO and jam packed with nutrients –the perfect alternative to other glutinous pastas.
Give these recipes a try – enjoy! – Victoria
1 box Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
1 cup organic pasta sauce
Cook the spaghetti until soft according to the packet directions. Drain the water from the pasta, and stir in the pasta sauce. Add more if you like more sauce. Serve in bowls and then sprinkle the nutritional yeast on each one. Season with salt and extra nutritional yeast if desired.
Recipe by Cindy Gordon of Vegetarian Mama
- 1 box of Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame Spaghetti
- 1 c of yellow squash, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 c of zucchini squash, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 c of red onion, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 c of red bell pepper, deseeded, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 c of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 t garlic salt OR salt and pepper as needed
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c of fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss your veggies (excluding parsley) with olive oil and your choice of either garlic salt or salt/pepper.
- Put your veggies into an oven safe roasting pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- While your veggies are cooking, prepare your pasta per the directions on the box.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- When veggies are cooked, toss with pasta. Top mixture with the juice from one lemon half.
- Top with parsley and serve!