(AYRIALTalkTime) This could be the conversation that will change your life! Host Victoria lynn Weston talks with Dr. Loretta Breuning, PhD, Founder of Inner Mammal Institute and author of Tame Your Anxiety: Rewiring Your Brain for Happiness [Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, May 2019].
Dr. Breuning teaches – through both her work and new book – revolutionary exercises to transform the feeling of anxiety by reworking our brain chemicals and the neural pathways that control them.
“In the modern world, we have learned to believe that we’re supposed to feel good all the time, and if we don’t, we can get fixed the way a car gets fixed,” says Dr. Breuning. “But each brain is wired by its own past experience. Old wiring projects old pain onto new experiences. Fortunately, you can build new wiring by feeding your brain new experiences. It may sound hard, but here’s how anyone can do it in small steps.”
In this riveting interview, host Victoria lynn Weston talks with Dr. Loretta Breuning about:
- How our brain evolved to promote survival and why that is so critical to understand in reworking our neural pathways
- How everyone’s experience with anxiety is different – how each brain wires itself from its own experience
- What the mammalian brain and the human cortex are, and how understanding their roles will enable you to control your anxiety
- Seven primary taming tools – building power over your mammalian brain chemistry to rewire your response to stress
- “The Rubber Ducky Method” – what it is, why it works, and how it can relieve threats in certain circumstances
- And so much more…
Dr. Loretta Bruening says, “Cortisol turns on at the first sign of a threat, and that tells your intelligent cortex to scan for more evidence of threat. Your body eliminates cortisol in about an hour, so things will look better soon as long as you don’t release more.” (30 min)
Listen to AYRIAL TalkTime on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeart Radio and other popular channels.